Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wow, where has the time gone?


I looked at the date of my last post and it seems like a lifetime ago.  So much has happened.  My son has graduated high school!!  Yay!!  Both kiddos made it through public education!!  I have cut off ties to people who are negative or bring me down.  You know, the people who take more than they give.  I have also quit my job!!  Incredible!!!!! 

I've also done A LOT of reading about RA.  All the experts (those living with this diagnosis) agree that stress is a major factor in how RA will affect your daily quality of life.

My mission to eliminate or minimize stress in every area of my life possible has been only quasi successful.  It seems that as I take away one stress, another replaces it.  I do things that I think will help me alleviate stress and it ends up making me more stressed.   I'm still trying to figure this all out and it reminds me of a puzzle I have hanging in my kitchen!!!  My daughter once gave me a puzzle for Christmas.  It had NO border, 5 extra pieces, repeating patterns, limited colors and it took 3 years to finish!!!  I mounted it, framed it, and hung it!!  All to remind me that she was right, I do love puzzles and I do love challenges, and my co-worker was right too, I am tenacious!!!  

I don't give up!!!  The new me is still the old me only a little slower, a little more ready to ask for and accept help, and more determined than ever to be here for my beautiful family!  

Thank you, KC for having faith in my ability to solve that puzzle!!

[orginally posted circa July 2013]

No comments:

Post a Comment