Saturday, December 7, 2013

Stress


Stress kills people!

And it aggravates RA.

Had lots of family stress and drama lately and literally watched my good days morph into a series of bad days.

My husband has been in the hospital this week to remove a cancerous tumor in his chest.

Boy is that a stress trigger!

I've been driving to the next town daily, trying to visit as much as I can and this not getting enough rest thing is no fun!

And because life doesn't stop, this is on top of getting daughter situated and back to school, getting son signed up and into the Army. (Not to mention that we had a little event called Thanksgiving last week).

Anywho, my advice to anyone struggling with RA, take your meds, and get your rest!  It's the only way to even remotely attempt to cope with stress.

I find that when I'm most stressed is when I'm more likely to forget to take my meds.  It's also when I'm least likely to take much needed breaks/naps throughout the day...

As my body swells up bit by bit, part by part, my pain increases, my tolerance goes down and my mind gets fuzzy.  Not cool when you are the one that has to be strong.

Rest + Meds = Fighting chance!

[orginally posted: december 2013]

No comments:

Post a Comment